The Panel has made interim orders in response to an application for interim orders dated 2 May 2023 by Villefranche Investments Pty Limited as trustee of the Gates Family Trust in relation to the affairs of A S P Aluminium Holdings Pty Ltd (ASP).
The interim orders state (in summary) that:
- without the consent of the Panel, certain persons referred to in the Panel application and their associates must not acquire any shares in ASP and ASP must not register any transfer of shares in ASP and
- ASP must communicate to all shareholders of ASP the effect of these interim orders.
The interim orders have effect until the earliest of further order of the Panel, determination of the proceedings or 2 months from the date of the interim orders.
A copy of the interim orders is attached.
Chief Executive, Takeovers Panel
Level 16, 530 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: +61 3 9655 3500
A S P ALUMINIUM HOLDINGS PTY LTD
Villefranche Investments Pty Limited as trustee of the Gates Family Trust made an application to the Panel dated 2 May 2023 in relation to the affairs of ASP.
The Panel ORDERS:
- Without the consent of the sitting Panel,
- the Relevant Persons and their associates must not acquire any shares in ASP; and
- ASP must not register any transfer of shares in ASP.
- ASP must as soon as practicable and by no later than 10am (Melbourne time) on Monday 15 May 2023 communicate to all shareholders of ASP the effect of these interim orders.
- In these interim orders the following terms have their corresponding meaning:
- A S P Aluminium Holdings Pty Ltd
- ASP Staff Holdings
- ASP Staff Holdings Pty Limited as trustee for the ASP Employee Share Trust
- Relevant Persons
- ASP, ASP Staff Holdings, Ms Lolita Younes, Mr Paul Nakhle, Mr Louis Hanna, Lolita Investments Pty Ltd, Lalspec Pty Ltd, Youla Holdings Pty Ltd, Michael Three Pty Ltd and Michael Four Pty Ltd
- These interim orders have effect until the earliest of:
- further order of the Panel
- the determination of the proceedings and
- 2 months from the date of these interim orders.
with authority of Elizabeth Hallett
President of the sitting Panel
Dated 11 May 2023