The Panel has made a further interim order in relation to the application by Brookfield Multiplex Capital Management Limited in its capacity as responsible entity for Multiplex Prime Property Fund in relation to the fund's affairs (see TP09/62 and TP09/63).
The interim order has the effect that Australian Style is not allowed to acquire units in the fund on-market pending (among other things) further order of the Panel or determination of the application.
A copy of the interim order is attached.
Director, Takeovers Panel
Level 10, 63 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: +61 3 9655 3597
Further Interim Order
Multiplex Prime Property Fund
Brookfield Multiplex Capital Management Limited as responsible entity for Multiplex Prime Property Fund made an application to the Panel dated 6 September 2009 in relation to the affairs of Multiplex Prime Property Fund (Multiplex).
The Acting President made an interim order dated 7 September 2009 which had effect until 5pm EST 7 September 2009 or further order of the Panel.
The Acting President ORDERS:
- Australian Style Investments Pty Limited not acquire units (or cause a broker to acquire units) in Multiplex by on-market purchase
- This interim order has effect until the earliest of:
- further order of the Panel
- the determination of the proceedings and
- 2 months from the date of these interim orders.
with authority of Graham Bradley
Dated 7 September 2009